What is the project about?
„Youth Centres Up 2” is a long-term European Solidarity Corps project for 10 volunteers, a project of 12 months (July 2020 – July 2021) about social inclusion, human rights, solidarity, about YOU working shoulder to shoulder with FITT’s team, getting familiar with youth work and the general functioning of youth NGOs.
After the largest volunteering project in Europe in 2019, Youth Centres UP, in which more than 90 young people from Europe and not only, worked together with more than 30 Romanian volunteers for setting up 5 youth centers in the neighbourhoods of Timisoara, we are now looking for 10 volunteers with the desire to develop their skills in organising, implementing and coordinating different activities and brave enough to accept the challenge and to move 1 year in another country.
In the first part of the volunteering activity, the 10 volunteers are going to prepare the neighbourhoods of Timisoara, by informational campaigns, open events, promotional activities, for the arrival of the 260 volunteers, together with whom they are going to set up 10 new youth centres in 50 days during the summer. After the setting up period, the 10 volunteers will continue with organising and implementing activities for and with young people, within the youth centres.
Who are we looking for?!
You, if you are…
- between 18 and 30 years old;
- happy to work with youth;
- fluent in English;
- excited to develop new skills in organising, implementing and coordinating different activities;
- resident in one of the EU countries;
- brave enough to move for one year in Dracula’s country.
What will you gain from this…
Well, you will go back home with at least:
- useful skills in youth work (acceptance, tolerance, cultural awareness);
- communication skills in a foreign language;
- learning to learn competence;
- solidarity behavior;
- organizing capacity and coordinating skills;
- a life-changing experience 🙂
What are we gonna offer to you…
Besides the context where you can develop yourself, we will also offer:
- accommodation in the Youth House;
- food allowance (5 euros/day) and pocket money (3 euros/day);
- free public transport in Timisoara;
Where can you find more info about the project and how can you apply…
Click here and enjoy the info-pack especially prepared for you by FITT team and its 3 ESC super-volunteers 🙂
If we convinced you to accept the challenge, apply by filling in THIS FORM.