YOUThIme is a long-term ESC project (12 months) about social inclusion, human rights, solidarity, about YOU working shoulder to shoulder with FITT’s team, getting familiar with youth work and the general functioning of youth NGOs.
FITT, together with international, national volunteers and the local community has turned several industrial buildings into youth centers in Timisoara, a western city in Romania. The youth centers are spaces dedicated to young people and their free expression and development. We are now looking for 20 volunteers to run the youth centers and to organise activities for young people!
Our objectives through the project are:
- to promote the importance of voluntary activities for personal development through volunteering at local and international level;
- to promote inclusion and human rights education among young people from Timișoara, by implementing weekly workshops during 12-months and using human rights education methods;
- to develop skills in order to increase employability for the 20 international volunteers by familiarising them with youth work and youth NGOs;
- to organise activities in different neighborhoods (in FITT’s youth centers), engaging young people in non-formal education workshops regarding human rights education and youth participation;
- to debate and explore the concepts of youth participation and active citizenship at local, national, and European levels, with young people from the marginalized neighborhoods in Timisoara.
Main project’s activities:
- Making presentations about volunteering and its benefits at the local and European level, and organising non-formal animation and educational activities on various topics such as: active citizenship, human rights, social inclusion, etc.;
- Facilitating weekly workshops on Human Rights Education, using non-formal education methods and promoting debate among the participants in the youth centres;
- Dinamising the youth centers, engaging young people in non-formal education weekly workshops regarding human rights and youth participation;
- Managing and maintaining the youth centers in a clean and good condition.
The volunteers we are looking for are…
- Having between 18 and 30 years old;
- Fluent in English;
- Happy to work with youth;
- Excited to develop new skills in organising, implementing and coordinating activities;
- Having residence in one of ESC eligible countries;
- Brave enough to move for one year in another country.
The volunteering activity will start in the Spring of 2022, and more information about the project can be found in the Info Pack. If you loved what you have read, fill in the application form and we will get in contact with you.