Do you want to join one of the bigest volunteering project that is happening
this summer in Europe?
125 young people, divided in 5 teams will “build” 5 new youth centres all over the city – a beginning of a large scale transformation of a community made by young people.
Super-volunteers, we come to you with a cool opportunity!
Timis County Youth Foundation – FITT is looking for super-volunteers willing to contribute to the development of a community.
Youth Centers UP is a challenging project financed by European Solidarity Corps (ESC), that wants to create new safe spaces for young people. Our city, Timisoara, will be the European Capital of Culture in 2021 and we need spaces where young people can express and develop free.
This project is a team volunteering one (short term– less than 2 months – 28th of July – 5th of September 2019) and it is about solidarity, participation, community involvement and social inclusion, so if you are between 18 and 30 years old and you want to take the opportunity to make a change, benefitting in turn of the occasion to develop skills and abilities such as teamwork, initiative, organizing events, then read more about our project and apply!
What you are gonna do…
For 40 days, between July and September 2019, you (one of the 100 young people from 20 European countries) will work together with the community to arrange 5 old buildings in the neighborhoods of Timisoara, turning them into urban youth centres and to pilot your first activities together with the community.
Activities will be splitted in 3 different stages:
1. Community engagement, teambuilding and planning: you will discover the community where the activity will happen, you will engage with them and convince them to be part of the process. You and your 24 team colleagues will have to create the plan about how the whole process will happen.
2. “Building” the centres: – we don’t have architects, money for new furniture or fancy tools – but we believe in the power of the community and innovative approach that can be done by young people.
3. Opening ceremony – each youth centre will have their own inauguration ceremony that will be organized by you! Each team will receive a fix budget and is up to you how you want to organize it!
More than that, you’ll help to deploy a national conference to valorize the results on August 12 (International Youth Day). Because we have to celebrate your results and to be sure that many people are able to find out how cool are you and what are young people able to realize if they are working together!
What you don’t need…
You don’t need to worry about:
- accommodation – will be provided by us – you and all the participants will be accommodated in one of the student dorms, from the campus. Yay, in the same time there are few international festivals/projects happening!
- food – we will decide together – provided by a catering company or self organized (that means you will receive the money and is up to you);
- transport – we will cover transport according to project regulation (same as Erasmus+ distance band);
- pocket money – yes we will provide also with that (120 euro for 40 days – living in Romania isn’t that expensive).
You will also have volunteer coordinators and mentors who will take care that your experience will be a life changing one!
What you’ll get with you…
- Teamwork competences;
- Communication skills in a foreign language;
- Experience in planning of events;
- Sense of initiative and entrepreneurship;
- Awareness of cultural differences and / or civic and social competences;
- Knowledge about the Youth Goals (the project focuses on the Youth Goal no.9 – Safe Spaces and Participation for All);
- Knowledge about the International Youth Day (August 12);
- Knowledge of how projects are implemented through community participation;
- Knowledge about the European Solidarity Corps.
You can find more information about the project on the Info pack.
Fill the form and be a super volunteer this summer!
Be part of change, be part of Europe!