FITT launched a project aiming to create friendly contexts and spaces for young people who have taken refuge from the armed conflict in Ukraine in Timiș County.
We want the project to contribute to building the trust of young Ukrainians in the local community in our county and vice versa, while stimulating the participation of young people in the life of the local community, creating alternatives and opportunities for development and leisure.
The proposed objectives are:
- Creating youth-friendly spaces and contexts (youth centers, including a mobile unity);
- Supporting and facilitating access to education and building a context based on community participation;
- Stimulating and developing intercultural dialogue between young refugees and young people in the host community;
- Stimulating and building the trust of young Ukrainians in the local community and vice versa;
- Educating young people at risk about the risks and consequences of engaging in acts of violence and crime;
- Creating alternatives and leisure time opportunities for young people.
Thus, for the good development of the project, FITT is looking for at least 2 teachers – for Romanian and English languages, or one person, Ukrainian, Romanian and English speaker. See more details by pressing the button – there you have the job description – the English version is below the Romanian one):
Depending on the applicants language skills, the jobs will be either part-time, either full-time.
There will be a fixed-term working contract, up to October 2022 (the end of the project), with the possibility of concluding a new contract at the end of the 6 months, to continue the activity within FITT.
- The opportunity to contribute to humanitarian action based on solidarity;
- A young and dynamic team and work environment (Honestly! Check it out here);
- The chance to participate in professional training sessions (workshops, training courses);
- Opportunity to work in the only Council of Europe certified youth center (details here).
Some details about FITT:
FITT is an umbrella organization for youth NGOs in Timiș County, and with 30 member organizations and more than 31 years of uninterrupted activity, FITT is the most important and oldest youth NGO in Western Romania.
The programs and activities implemented by FITT cover a wide range, from social activities for disadvantaged young people to cultural or active citizenship programs and the development of public policies at the local and national levels. FITT itself is a democratic model, being governed by a General Assembly composed exclusively of youth NGOs from Timiș County and led by a council of 13 representatives.
For more details on FITT, go here.
If you want to apply for one of the vacancies, send us your CV and the motivation letter in English to the email address email@example.com until June 12, and we will contact you for a getting to know each other interview. Please also mention your availability – full or part-time for the job.
For more details or questions, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +40 769 359 680.
The project ”Safe spaces for young people fleeing war” is coordinated by National Youth Foundation, implemented by Timis County Youth Foundation, supported by ACTIONAID, and funded by DERF.