After setting up 5 youth centers in Timisoara through an European Solidarity Corps project, FITT is now partner in the Community building project which aims to follow the same process implemented in our city and to engage the members of the local community from a neighborhood of Santa Cruz in the process of building a community center.
So we are coming with a great volunteering opportunity in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain, for 2 Romanian young people, between 18 and 30 years old, for a period of 59 days, (May-June 2021).
The project is organized by P.O.D. Association, an NGO that aims to organize actions such as: promotion, support, monitoring, mediation, volunteering, participation, etc. for sustainable development of the society in accordance with national guidelines and examples of best practice worldwide.
The selected volunteers will be part of a team of 15 volunteers within the “Community Building” project.
Tasks to be taken by the volunteers:
• Conducting community surveys, in order to get to know the community and to discover the needs that the center can serve;
• Involving the community in activities of arrangement of the center;
• Renovating and decorating the center;
• Preparing the inauguration event for the center;
• Activities to dynamize the center.
Being a European Solidarity Corps project, the costs will be covered as follows:
• Reimbursement upon arrival for the cheapest way of travel;
• Accommodation – The volunteers will stay in apartments fully equipped to live in, where they will share rooms with maximum 1 other volunteer of the same gender;
• Food – The volunteers will receive a monthly allowance (150 euros), which they will have to manage;
• Pocket money – The volunteers will receive a monthly allowance (150 euros);
• Language support –We will organize language cafés;
• Local transportation – the volunteers will receive bus passes (bonos) for local transportation;
• Health and accident insurance.
The team volunteering activity of 59 days will be followed by a long-term volunteering activity of 12 months and the applicants who are up to take the challenge to remain for one year after setting up the Community center, for administrating and dynamize activities in the newly opened center, engaging young people in alternative free time activities and non-formal education workshops regarding topics like sustainable goals, human rights, personal development and youth participation., will have priority in the selection process.
More info about the project here.
So, if you’re interested in working and living with other volunteers, learning about new cultures and sharing your own and mostly to emerge in the amazing culture of the Canary Islands, fill in the form below until 25th of February.