FITT is looking for volunteers interested or passionate about arts and culture to be part of Analog Mania project preparation and implementation.
2023 is the year when Timișoara is the European Capital of Culture and the perfect year for you to be part of our volunteering team! The volunteering activity will take one month, from the 15th of March until the 15th of April. It will focus on supporting cultural activities and working with artists and professionals in the field of culture.
Arrival day: 14th of March // Departure day: 16th of April
Analog mania is an international festival dedicated to analogue arts, techniques and history. Founded in 2013, it presents historical and classic processes of analogue photography, cinefilm film screenings and analogue sound experiences in top art galleries of Timişoara.
Analog mania is appreciated for the pristine selection of artwork from international and local artists and loved for the extraordinary personal, honest and intimate atmosphere it creates. Together with partner events like Revela’T (Spain), Analogue Now (Germany), and Vinyl & Music Festival (Austria), Analog mania is part of a widespread analogue renaissance.
The main responsibilities of the volunteers (but not limited to these) are:
- To install a photo, film and sound exhibition;
- To prepare the spaces, mount display cases, install equipment and fix the artworks on the walls;
- To transform a room into a visitable multimedia exhibition.
During the project, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the process of setting up a cultural event;
- Discover various forms of art techniques and methods of analogic media;
- Share a little bit of the identity and culture of your region, and find out about other cultures;
- Meet a lot of young people from different countries and cultures;
- Receive a certificate (the youth pass) based specifically on what you do on this project.
This volunteering activity is for you if you are:
- Between the ages of 18 and 30,
- Speaking English at a conversational level,
- Enthusiastic about cultural events, planning and promoting them,
- Excited to develop new skills in organising, implementing, and promoting cultural activities,
- Having residence in an EU country or another country eligible for ESC, not requiring a visa (because of time limitations).
You don’t have to worry about the following:
- travel expenses,
as they are covered within the project.