The Romanian Ministry of Youth and Sport, in the framework of # RO2019EU, is looking for 10 facilitators that can introduce and train the participants.
The selected persons will be requested to hold 3 hour sessions to introduce participants to the practice during EU Youth Conference in Romania, 26-28 March 2019, and support the EU Youth Dialogue process.
The EU Youth Conference under the Romanian Presidency will contribute to the EU Youth Strategy (2019-2027) general objectives and specifically to:
- Improve policy decisions with regard to their impact on young people across all sectors, notably employment, education, health and social inclusion;
- Contribute to the eradication of youth poverty and all forms of discrimination and promote social inclusion of young people.
The interested facilitators are invited to apply individually by 3rd of March 2019, by sending the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org : duly completed application form (enclosed) and a recent CV.
# RO2019EU# #YouthGoals #EUYC
More informations in the document below.
CALL FOR FACILITATORS/ RESOURCE PERSONS
EU Youth Dialogue good practices to be piloted during the EU Youth Conference in Bucharest, Romania, 26 to 28th of March, 2019
CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
10 facilitators / resource persons for tools, methods and good practices on EU Youth Dialogue.
The Romanian Ministry of Youth and Sport, in the framework of the Romanian Presidency of the European Council (1/01-31/06/2019) is looking for 10 facilitators / resource persons for the EU Youth Conference in Romania (26-28 March 2018) and support the EU Youth Dialogue process.
The EU Youth Conference is the main youth event of each Presidency. It brings together policy makers, young people and relevant stakeholders to consider and discuss youth policy development and implementation. It also affords young people the opportunity to inform and influence policy makers on the issues that are impacting on their lives. The EU Youth Conferences are key features of the EU Youth Dialogue between young people and policy makers.
Romania holds the Presidency of the Council of the European Union (RO PRES) during the first half of 2019, a time frame which will coincide with the debut of the implementation of the recently adopted Council Resolution on the EU Youth Strategy 2019-2027 and the new cycle of the EU Youth Dialogue.
The Trio Presidency Romania – Finland – Croatia (1 January 2019 – 30 June 2020) has as common theme “Creating Opportunities for Youth” with each country focusing on a specific theme linked with the Youth Goals:
|The future of work and the challenges and opportunities for young people, connected to the future of work
|#7 Quality Employment for All
|Addressing opportunities for youth through quality youth work and youth workers’ education and training
|#8 Quality Learning
|Creating opportunities for young people in rural areas
|#6 Moving Rural Youth Forward
EU Youth Dialogue cycle and the Conference in Romania
As the conference follows the adoption of the EU Youth Strategy (2019-2027), it is essential that the process of preparation and implementation shows the commitment to the EU Youth Dialogue processes and the objectives set by the EU Youth Goals and the strategy. In addition, the conference is an essential moment in the EU Youth Dialogue first cycle as it will test the methodology and topics proposed for the process.
In order to further develop the quality and outreach of the EU Youth Dialogue process, the Romanian Presidency is currently developing a toolkit based on good practices stemming from the work of the previous cycles of structured dialogue. About 10 of the selected practices will also be introduced to participants during the conference.
To this end, the organisers are looking to recruit 10 facilitators / resource persons that can introduce and train the participants in the selected practices. To this end, the selected resource persons will be requested to hold 3h sessions to introduce participants to the practice.
What are the practices we are looking for?
- Organisation of EU Youth Dialogue at national and local level, including practices related to composition of National Working Groups, development of strategies for EU youth dialogue at national level etc.;
- Activities/Methodologies that support dialogue between young people and decision makers at local/regional and national level (i.e. café with a decision maker, the art of dialogue, etc.), including here activities online and support measures (i.e. training) to develop competences in youth participation;
- Approaches/ Measures taken in the outreach of the EU Youth Dialogue especially in respect to reaching to young people with fewer opportunities;
- Good practices in respect to reporting, evaluation and follow-up of the implementation of the recommendations/conclusions at national and local level.
What is expected from the facilitators / resource persons?
- To take part in an online preparatory briefing (foreseen for the week 11-17 March 2019);
- To take part in a preparatory meeting in Bucharest, Romania on the afternoon of 25 March 2019;
- To run a max. 3h workshop during the conference on the good practice proposed in the EU Youth Conference in Romania, while also gathering feedback from participants on ways to further improve the practice;
- To take part in the EU Youth Conference in Romania (26-28 March 2018) and support with facilitation and reporting from small working groups under the guidance of senior facilitators;
- To provide a written form of the practice in a format proposed by the organisers, as well as integrate the feedback from the participants.
The facilitators/resource persons should have the following expertise:
- Have hands-on experience with EU Youth Dialogue (or previous structured dialogue) and strong knowledge of the process;
- Propose a good practice with which the facilitator/resource person has a direct experience;
- Have experience in training others in using the practice proposed;
- Have experience in facilitating small working groups bringing together various stakeholders involved in the EU Youth Dialogue;
- Have some relevant experience of working with international groups;
- Have a proficient level of English.
HOW TO APPLY
The interested facilitators are invited to apply individually by 3rd of March 2019, by sending the following documents to e-mail:email@example.com:
- Duly completed application form (enclosed)
- recent CV.
Ten facilitators will be proposed a contract for 3 days with a unit cost of 350 Euro/day/facilitator.
Costs related with travel, board and lodging connected with attendance of meetings (EU Youth Conference, preparatory meeting, etc) will be covered by the Romanian Presidency and their partners.
For further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Monica Pretorian andAndreea Chiriac, e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
|Name and SURNAME:
|Are you available for
| 1 day – Skype preparatory meeting (between 11 – 16thof March 2019)
1 day – face to face preparatory meeting – 25 March 2019
1 day – EU Youth Conference Romania – 26 March 2019
- About your experience
Please describe your experience in respect to:
- EU Youth Dialogue (or previous structured dialogue) and strong knowledge of the process;
- Experience in training others in using the practice proposed;
- Experience in facilitating small working groups bringing together various stakeholders involved in the EU Youth Dialogue
- About the good practice you propose
|Country in which it was implemented:
|Name of the practice:
|With how many young people was this practice used
|Website and online resources available for the practice
|Describe the practice:
What is it ? What makes it relevant for other actors in the EU Youth Dialogue?
|Results – what results did it bring?
|What is your direct experience with the practice proposed?
|Describe the key elements you will present in the workshop
- What is your motivation for this work?
- Any other information you would like to add.
Please send this duly completed expression of interest
together with a recent CV in English
by 3rd of March 2019
The imagine related to this article was added latter, when the EUYC logo was finished.