Timiş County Foundation for Youth (FITT) runs the ART Volunteer Project-an initiative to encourage and promote volunteering at the level of Timisoara municipality, which follows three major components:
- Creation of mechanisms and systems working with volunteers for Timisoara European Capital of Culture 2021
- Training and training of cultural organisations and institutions to receive volunteers, encouraging a professional way to involve citizens in such activities.
- Encouraging citizens to engage in volunteering, artistic and cultural activities, through which they can acquire skills and skills necessary in acquiring a job later, but also as a value of active citizenship
Through this project, more than 20 cultural organisations and institutions in Timisoara will have planned and tested a volunteer management plan based on the needs of the organisation, the volunteers and the community to which Addresses. Also, timișorenii who want to get involved in such activities will have at their disposal a virtual space, through which they can find opportunities and organisations with whom they want to get involved, through an online platform. This will make the first piloting of the recruitment, selection and training system of cultural operators to work with volunteers in the context of the European Capital Programme. The aim of the project is to encourage and promote volunteering at the level of Timisoara, as a value of active citizenship especially in young people and as a way to increase professionalism in conducting cultural activities- Artistic. Specific objectives:
- Promotion of volunteer movement in artistic cultural field, among citizens of Timişoara municipality, especially through the www.voluntaria.ro platform (developing)
- Increasing the organizational capacity of 20 non-governmental organisations and public institutions in the municipality of Timisoara, involved in the programme "Timişoara – European Cultural Capital 2021".
- Development and promotion of an introduction guide to volunteering, for all cultural operators who will develop activities involving volunteers in the years preceding and in the year 2021
Training programme for non-governmental organizations and public institutions in the municipality of Timisoara, involved in the programme "Timişoara – European Cultural Capital 2021":
- Course 1: Preparing the organization to involve volunteers, 27-29 October
- Course 2: Volunteer Management, 16-18 November
- Course 3: Development of sustainable voluntary programs, 7-9 December
The project "Art Voluntari" is held between July and December 2018, with the support of the city Hall of Timisoara and in partnership with the Timişoara-European Capital of Culture Association.